Important Solihull Council Elections 2nd May 2019
UKIP candidates needed in all Wards
It is crucial to break the Conservative Party control of Solihull Council to preserve our quality of life.
- Reverse the downgrades of Solihull Hospital. A town of our size needs a hospital which offers the right variety and mix of services for the twenty-first century
- Jobs and affordable housing for local people not for big city overflow.
- Protect the Green Belt from Tory demands for 1,000 additional new houses every year to be built in the Borough.
- Better public services and support for our elderly and sick.
- Cut complacency, waste, fraud and inefficiency.
SMBC are driven by Conservative central party politics in preference to the interests of local people. The Council is
resolved to support in principle High Speed Rail.
As supporters of this "white elephant" project, they cannot be trusted to fight on our behalf to mitigate the consequences of HS2 nor to achieve proper and full compensation for those affected.
HS2 will bring
- The Garden City and green belt development
- 30% more Airport flights
- More job-seekers to the area
- Road congestion
- Pressure on Housing and Public Services
Do something about it. You can stand for election (no qualifications required) or help with our campaigns.
Please join us, come to meetings and get involved.